I hear many of you had a bad case of the Februaries and I get that – I feel like I came out of a funk in March and was suddenly ready to take on the year! Spring to me is getting the yard ready to grow fun things, eating as many meals as possible outside, kicking of wedding season, and as always lots of good times with family and friends. Can you tell yet that we love being with people?? Thanks for letting me share about us with you on these monthly instagram roundups (see January and February)!
Starting at the top, reading each row like a book…
* David’s cousin Amber had a baby and I got to take their picture as a family of four! How sweet are these boys with their Mama!? I love getting to photograph our own family members. It’s a way that I know that I can show them love.
* We have been told that we have an awesome yard for a dog and it’s true, we do. Our schedules are so nuts that we just feel like we wouldn’t be good dog parents right now in our life BUT we are excellent dog auntie/uncle to our friend’s dogs. This month we had Miles visit with us and it was fun having a little dog in our house. We did not spoil him at all. Promise.
* I have known Anna since elementary school. We went to all the same schools growing up (this is not normal in Raleigh) and lived in the same neighborhood. Her Mom was even my piano teacher for awhile. Her daughter turned one in March and she asked that I lead a little dedication/baptismal service before the birthday party. This was an awesome honor to me. I went to school for religion and christian ministry so it was really interesting to come back to that part of my life and giftedness.
* My little brother’s school takes a two week spring break so we split the time with Mom and got to hang out with Thabiso for five days. He had told us he wanted to work on getting better at photography, so we took some photo field trips along different paths of the greenway. He has a good eye and I loved hearing all about why he chose to photograph different things the way he did. I am a proud big sister!
* Our good friend Jeremy successfully defended his thesis so we had to go out to celebrate! We ate a huge, super delicious meal at NoFo @ The Pig and then we just had to follow it with ginormous pieces of cake from Hayes Barton Cafe. And yes your eyes aren’t tricking you – all the boys wore gingham. It was adorable.
* March is Women’s History Month and I love learning about women in history as well as learning more about the women in my personal history. In past WHM’s I have honored different women in my family and this go around I honored my Granny, Alma Reynolds. She is my last living grandparent and I have so enjoyed getting to know her as an adult in the past few years. I’ve been raised and surrounded by strong women my entire life. My Granny is no exception. I had always known that she was a police officer before she retired, but recently I learned why she became a police officer in the first place. Granny had left her first husband (she later married my Papa, my Mom’s Dad) with my uncle in tow, because it was not a safe relationship. She needed a job and the police were hiring and paid better than the other jobs she was considering- she had a son to take care of. She became the first female police officer in her county. The men she worked with would give her a hard time about being a female police officer and she would quip back that “hey, you don’t need to worry about it because you still get paid way more than I do for doing the same job”. Granny I am so proud of you and the work you have done in the world!
*Yall. You need to know that I am obsessed with tacos. And cilantro. It’s bad. So David and I have perfected our taco game and we get SUPER excited about taco night. This taco night was extra special because the weather was glorious and we got to eat on the deck. Couldn’t be better!!
* Brandi Carlile is hands down my favorite artist and she came out with a new album in March. I love it so much, as I always do. She is coming to NCMA in June and you know I have tickets and I am so STINKIN excited because we love that concert venue. SO MANY FAVORITES ALL AT ONE TIME.