Well August brought with it more recovery time from my (Ashley) surgery. It also meant time to keep things moving slow, allowing me to really rest up for the fall season to bring it’s crazy. We filled August with time spent with each other, family and friends. Can you tell I am extraverted by these monthly insta-posts? You can see my insta posts from each month in 2015 so far here: January, February, March, April, May, June, and July.
Commenting on these instagram posts, starting at the top, reading left to right…
* After my incisions were healed enough for me to ride in the car, I had to get my hands on my new niece. Isn’t she so very super cute?! I’m telling you, being an aunt is the best gig ever – I just wish we lived closer so we could see these sweet little ones more.
* Uncle David getting to spend some time with the newest little lady in his life. He’s good with kids (ahem, HOT MAN ALERT!).
* We love spending time with our people and that includes time with our people at the beach!!
* I’m going to be honest – in general I am not a professional sports fan. Yeah, yeah, throw tomatoes at me. David’s family is, however, and I got to be on niece duty while his whole family sat down for their family league fantasy football draft. It was fun to watch everyone be so serious and focused.
* HIGHLIGHT OF THE MONTH. BUCKET LIST ITEM OF MY LIFE. I have an amazing friend who works for the National Park Service. Her job is to look after bird and turtle nests on the coast – OMG. She has to do much more scientific work than that – that’s just my nonsciencey way of describing it. Anyways. She let me know when she would be excavating a turtles nest and we got to see three baby turtles make their way into the ocean. We had to get up early on our vacation to make this happen (we don’t even get up early in real life) so like a dummy we left our camera gear at home. But that’s ok, somethings you just need to experience.
*Speaking of that vacation, we took one. And my goodness it was much needed and glorious. That’s me reading on the deck while David plays guitar. It was a good moment, I tell ya.
* I keep falling more and more in live with our state farmers market here in Raleigh. It’s magical – it’s seasonal, fresh, affordable, and you get to meet the people that grow the stuff you are buying. Love. It. This time I took our friends there first and then the Vintage Pop-up Shop to make one amazing Sunday afternoon. These two were also on baby watch, trying to walk that baby outta there. Turns out this baby did not want to be met until September…
* Back to vacation. People when you are the boss lady of a small business, not much gets gone while you are away. Where we were staying there is no internet and very poor cell reception (gasp!) so towards the end of our escape I couldn’t take it any more, I had to find wifi. And guess what, Ben & Jerry’s had wifi so you know, that’s not a bad arrangement. (Like how I color code my emails?)
* Listen I’m not trying to be fancy. I don’t need a dozen roses. I don’t need couture handbags. Give me interesting wildflowers and vintage treasures ANY DAY and I will feel the love from you. Mean it.